Hi everyone, I just did the "break in fire thing" with my Heritage and would like your opinions. First some details. New construction. Stove in the living room in the middle of the house. 10' double wall stove pipe straight out of the top of the stove to a stainless pre-fab chimney, no angles. All 6" as required. Top of chimney is plenty high to allow a good draft. Last winter during construction I connected an old non air tight stove and had LOTS of draft. Thought I'd have so much draft it would be hard to keep the news paper from being sucked out. Today I connected the stove to the chimneys and lit a fire as per the manual to season the stone. I used news paper, kindling. and a couple of piece's of dry poplar so it would burn quick. Manual wanted a small fire with the door slightly open and after it would start burning good I was to close the primary air control. Well it would take off great but closing the door would choke the fire till it wanted to die. Air control wide open. I left the door open for a long time but closing it with the air control lever wide open and it would die out. Out side temps are about 50F. Could the air control be disconnected inside? I can't imagine what I could have done to improve performance. I'm quite sure you don't run yours with the door open all day. Dan.