Hearthstone Heritage or Heritage 2: is there a difference?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChillyGator

Feb 20, 2009
NorthFlorida
I've found a CL listing: 'Selling Hearthstone Heritage 2 soapstone wood stove. It will not fit in the space I need it to. Have printed downloaded manual, rear and bottom heatshield, thermostatic primary air supply damper, chimney connector for oval to round 6". $1500 Serious inquiries only'

does not say if new or used. Very interested in this for myself (double my capacity) if this is a current stove and also allows for rear vent as the website for the new stove shows. The attached pics show a much smaller front door than the current website for Hearthstone. The required R value for floor protection would be easy for me to meet with this stove compared to some I've look at.

The location is at least two hours away so I need some information before jumping in. Thanks.

Attachments

• heritage pic.jpg
    heritage pic.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 424
  • heritage stove 2.jpg
    heritage stove 2.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 409
I dont think thats a Heritage anything. It looks like the old H2. For 1500 bucks SKIP IT. Thats an old non epa stove. Go to your nearest Hearthstone dealer this weekend and buy a new Heritage. They are 10% off until the end of the month. New Heritage retails $2829 x.9 for sale $2546 x .7 for tax rebate $1782 net cost to you. New stove, lifetime warranty, burn less wood, chimney stays cleaner + a bunch of other stuff

ChillyGator said:
I've found a CL listing: 'Selling Hearthstone Heritage 2 soapstone wood stove. It will not fit in the space I need it to. Have printed downloaded manual, rear and bottom heatshield, thermostatic primary air supply damper, chimney connector for oval to round 6". $1500 Serious inquiries only'

does not say if new or used. Very interested in this for myself (double my capacity) if this is a current stove and also allows for rear vent as the website for the new stove shows. The attached pics show a much smaller front door than the current website for Hearthstone. The required R value for floor protection would be easy for me to meet with this stove compared to some I've look at.

The location is at least two hours away so I need some information before jumping in. Thanks.

Pass on it. Completely overpriced. That is an H2 and was made in the 80's. I just picked up a 2006 Hearthstone Heritage for $1,000.

Thanks guys, that is just what I needed to know. I will pass and keep looking.

I may end up just building a good floor protection hearth this summer (currently using just ember protection) in front of the existing stove and keeping it flush with the brick in the front of my fireplace. Then I'll be ready when I find my deal.

Again, thanks for the quick response.

ChillyGator said:
Thanks guys, that is just what I needed to know. I will pass and keep looking.

I may end up just building a good floor protection hearth this summer (currently using just ember protection) in front of the existing stove and keeping it flush with the brick in the front of my fireplace. Then I'll be ready when I find my deal.

Again, thanks for the quick response.

If you are looking to increase your burn times and heating capacity when needed, you might want to think about a cat stove. Even though your area does get cold, you do not have the sustained freezing temps like norther areas, so a cat stove might work better when you only need the stove to run at a lower temp on the not-so-cold nights, but can still crank it up on the colder nights. It'll give you more flexibility and will allow you to run a bigger stove more often in your climate.

I was wondering about that.....if a CAT stove would be better in a warmer climate than non-cat for the simple reason of being able to run it at a lower temp cleanly.

My main reason for going bigger is to get an overnight burn (have to get up 3 -4 hours after the last reload to keep it pumping heat during the night) with no option of keeping it going during the day while I'm at work. While I don't need the daytime burn too often....it would be nice to have it as an option. My current set up works good most of the time, keeps the house toasty as long as I'm there to keep it stoked but I don't like feeling that I'm tied to the stove too tightly.

I could go with the Castine without having to do any modifications but that is just marginally better for longer burns, for most anything else, I will have to work on my floor protection. I need to keep the pad flush with my current hearth to make sure the flue exit height will fit in my fireplace.

Maybe a Woodstock Fireview in my future?

Status
Not open for further replies.