Hearthstone Heritage question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Libber

Jul 20, 2011
Eastern MI
I found a hearthstone heritage for sale on craigslist. It has double doors in the front which appears to be an older model, seller is not sure of the year because it was in the home when they purchased it and they have never used it. The seller says that the stove can be used with gas or wood. Right now there is a "fake" log in it. Does that sound right? Can this stove be used for either gas or wood? We are not interested in using gas, can we just take the log out?

Thank you!

Libber said:
I found a hearthstone heritage for sale on craigslist. It has double doors in the front which appears to be an older model, seller is not sure of the year because it was in the home when they purchased it and they have never used it. The seller says that the stove can be used with gas or wood. Right now there is a "fake" log in it. Does that sound right? Can this stove be used for either gas or wood? We are not interested in using gas, can we just take the log out?

Thank you!

That does not sound right. I have never seen a stove that can burn gas or wood.

The double doors sounds like the old Hearthstone models, but the gas/wood thing is a head scratcher to me.

They could have hacked in a gas log.

1800!!!! I bought my heritage new for 1900$ just a few years ago. That non-EPA stove is worth about 500$ only because it's so pretty.

Libber said:
Thank you!!! Thought it was pricey, but couldn't find any info on it.

You may not be able to find any parts for it either.
Lookin good from the outside won't give you a clue as to
what the condition of the interior castings might be.
The new Heritage is a pricy unit, but IMHO, a great heater &
one of the better looking Hearthstone units...

Status
Not open for further replies.