Hearthstone Heritage Truhybrid

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

nortcan

Feeling the Heat
Sep 9, 2016
Quebec
Hi all, I would like to know if someone has a secret to adjust the latch on Hearthstone's door? We have a Castleton and a Heritage and both are almost new : about one month of occasional fires. When these stoves were new, the latches were working like butter smooth, just like if they were not closing tight as the movement is smooth, no noise, no *crich croch...* feelings on the door's handle. But very rapidly, the latches became rude and make a metalic rubbing noise. I tried to adjust the latches like indicated on the Hearthstone informations but never been able to get them like when new??? So I hope to find the secret here. Thanks

Try lubricating the rubbing surfaces with graphite powder or a little high temp grease.

Try lubricating the rubbing surfaces with graphite powder or a little high temp grease.
I did lubricae the rubbing parts with graphite, H T greases but never got the like new no resistance feeling. If someone got a Hearthstone stove , they know what I'm talking about, I got many Vermont Castings stoves, a few anthracite burning stoves but never got that problems, After a so short ime of use, I think that is not normal to get rude latch system on so expansive stoves, plus, when becoming rude the rubbing surfaces are wearing out very fast.????