Hearthstone Homestead Door Gasket

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bcnu

Dec 1, 2006
Trying to replace the gasket. I've purchased two already and the door will not close with either one. I take them out and the door closes. I even tried to stretch and twist the last one to reduce it's size. Is there a special gasket for this stove? Both gasket were rope - is there a ribbon or flat product? And - can I have small fires without the gasket - just until I find what I need - 300 degrees and cooler?

bcnu said:
Trying to replace the gasket. I've purchased two already and the door will not close with either one. I take them out and the door closes. I even tried to stretch and twist the last one to reduce it's size. Is there a special gasket for this stove? Both gasket were rope - is there a ribbon or flat product? And - can I have small fires without the gasket - just until I find what I need - 300 degrees and cooler?

There are several different size gaskets. Are you sure you have the right size?

all I know is the two sizes I tried didn't work. I'll call a dealer - was trying to avoid a trip to the city. Thanks and I'll let you know what I find.

Status
Not open for further replies.