Hearthstone Homestead Performance question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LeveL

Nov 28, 2014
NC
Bought a Homestead this year and put in to operation in Nov.with moderate success. There's a learning curve, but I was overal happy. Once the stove was over 300-320 there was little to no smoke out the chimney and I was working on my burn times. This week the stove started burning differently. It seems to be burning faster and there is almost always smoke from the chimney, even at 500. I have a pipe damper, ashe pan is closed and full of ashes to ensure no air, the stove is free standing into a stove chimney so two 90d turns chimney goes up 20 ft.

Even the characteristics of the fire inside the box seems different. It's like the air is moving differently if that's possible.

Last edited:
Was there a notable drop in outdoor temps this week? Or are you now burning drier wood?

Status
Not open for further replies.