Hearthstone I H-1 Questions...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

argali66

Aug 10, 2012
Orland, Maine
Hi,

I just bought a Hearthstone H-1 Stove that is in like new condition. I have a few questions if anyone can help me on this.

#1 I want to run the flue out the Top instead of the Back. Do I just switch the Flue from Back to Top and use the Stones from the Top to cover the back or??? Can it ne done and how do you do it?

#2 The Stove calls for a 8" Flue. If it is a Short Flue, can I run a reducer to 6". My Whole in my chimney is currently 6"?

#3 Anything I need to know about the stove? Anyone own one of these?

Thanks so much!!!

Steve

e9djs6.jpg

eqw20m.jpg

I have a close friend nearby that has this stove. His is top vented. The stove is designed for 8" pipe. I wouldn't reduce that. Also, that hearth is woefully inadequate. It lacks the proper insulation and is much too small as is the rear clearance to the stove.

Inspect the baffle up top for warpage and also the secondary burn tube. Given the stoves age, the tube may be burnt out, but it's easy to fix and replace.

You'll find a link to the manual on this page: https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/wiki/Hearthstone_HI_and_HII/

HI hearth.PNG

Thanks! The Hearth you see is not at my home. My Hearth is much bigger. The Secondary Tube does need to be replaced. I have the Manual, but it does not go into detail as to how to switch the flue from the back to the top. Thanks again for the info!

Sounds good. It's a big heavy heater. Be sure to get some help moving it.

And welcome to the forums!

Status
Not open for further replies.