Hearthstone II being retired in MD

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pgerhardt

Sep 5, 2011
Eastern Shore of MD
We have used the Hearthstone II for 15 years that the previous owner installed years before that. Last season we had a squirrel nest with bodies and all. I thought I got it all out but the draft was never right so this week I finally got the rest of the sticks and stuff out. I used a three finger garden tool hose clamped to the end of the pole and got two more grocery bags of sticks and chunks out. Should be ready to go. We are shopping for new stove now. If anybody is interested in the old Hearthstone to rebuild let me know. We are looking to replace it with something similar and newer.

Paul in Centreville, MD
On the Beautiful Eastern Shore

Ah, nice stove. I'd have one too, but can't make a top vent work with my setup. Had a Homestead and didn't like it. Too difficult to get going on a cold start. Ended up completely rebuilding an older H-II brownstone last year. Very happy with it at the moment. Always looking for a good deal though.

I'm looking for a set of top stones for my H-II rear vent in brownstone. Anyone parting out a Brownstone H-II, let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.