Hearthstone II stone replacement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianF

Sep 19, 2014
Bellingham, Washington
Hey everyone!
My H II was obviously over-fired. The baffle looks like a surrealist painting with all the curves and lumps! The rear plate is split and some of the other internal steel parts have whole sections missing. As the thread topic indicates, though, I'm looking at replacing stones. The previous owner (of both the stove and the home) obviously saw the need and ordered six soapstone panels. I've identified at least two others which are broken…. i.e.: cracked all the way through. I'm guessing this was another result of the over temp situation. I've got the baffle and the rear plate ordered. Since I have some stones, I'm trying to identify the remaining ones which need replacement. My manual does not break down the different size stones so I can order the right ones. Does anyone have a breakdown (with sizes, hopefully) so I can order the right ones?
Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.