Hearthstone III Wood Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sesro1978

Dec 23, 2008
Vermont, USA
Well, I have several threads on here about what I thought was a Hearthstone II...turns out the stove is a Hearthstone III. From what I understand this is smaller wood stove; is that right?

I've done some searching, but can't find too much info. on these stoves. What can you guys tell me about it? I've read the Hearthstone user manual for the stove, but I'm also interested to hear about any experiences that you guys may have had.

To recap, I'm planning on putting the stove in (as far out of the opening as is practical/legal) an existing fireplace opening and re-lining the masonry chimney from our 3" pellet stove pipe to a 6" liner.

I see that some parts are still available, but not many. I'm told by the stove's current owner (and I do trust this guy as he's my brother's father-in-law and an all around straight-shooter) that the stove is in great condition and except for a piece of cracked glass on the door, everything is in working order.

Thanks for any info!

Status
Not open for further replies.