Hearthstone II's

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevlar_vw

Apr 5, 2015
Vermont
So, I found a deal on a few Hearthstone II's on Craigslist. The ad said 1 complete stove, and 1 parts stove, so naturally, I got excited. I called the guy, and made arrangements to see the stoves expecting the worst. Both stoves were completely burnt out, but whole, complete stoves-bonus! The guy was pretty crafty, and made a side plate, and back plate for one of the stoves, using 1/4" plate steel, as well as a 1/4" steel baffle he had bent up. We made a deal, and I loaded up the stoves, and took them home.

IMG_0302.JPG IMG_0303.JPG

If you have followed any of my other builds, you know I completely tear down, and rebuild these. These are no exception, and will receive the same treatment. Then, they will be put up for sale, so YOU can buy them.

Tear down started the other day. I ripped 1 down, and inventoried the good, and bad parts.

IMG_0338.JPG IMG_0339.JPG IMG_0341.JPG

The 1st one is completely torn down, bottom sandblasted/painted. I am in the cutting stones, and gathering parts phase now.

thanks for looking...

-Kevin

Last edited by a moderator:
hi kevin
question. have you ever tried any improvement on the stove for getting more time out of a burn.
pictures???????
frank

not burnt. when i got the stove the baffle was bent in a u shape. i got a metal shop to bend me a new one out of boiler plate. fit like a glove. the last couple times i used the stove this year the stove sat at 700 to 750 on the middle stone so i ended it's use for this year. i'm going to give it new gaskets this year. surprised i didn't bend it there.

Status
Not open for further replies.