Hearthstone info

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

suematteva

May 25, 2006
Rutland, VT//Southern Quebec
Heard on the radio today that hearthstone is having their factory seconds sale at Morrisville plant..Factory tours will also be given. Will be on 18th, 19th and 20th. Cash n Carry...

Sounds like there could be some good deals to be had. You would think after last years record sales they wouldn't have much left overs?

The operative word is "seconds". They darn sure didn't want to pay the freight to ship a screw-up.

Usually this sale has been done at the chimmney sweep store. At the factory this year. There are some good deals. In the past have stopped at the store when i saw the sales banner. The stoves carries the same warranty and it is usually small stuff. Sometimes the shipper wings something. Sometimes it looks like normal wear n tear. You have to take it stove by stove and install by install.

Maybe next year they will get a forum member or two to make guest appearances. Kinda like Ben & Jerrys Ice cream does. Serve up some wood fired mushroom pizzas or hearth hemp ice cream... Invite Al...Or maybe a Ash can throwdown.

I bought my VC resolute from the chimney sweep in Shelburn. They do a nice job on their tent sales

BrotherBart said:
The operative word is "seconds". They darn sure didn't want to pay the freight to ship a screw-up.

And seconds in these cases does not mean bad goods! Usually, all kinds of stuff - like:
1. Slight freight damages that have then been factory repaired.
2. Colors that were built to order and then canceled by dealer or customer
3. A few of a slightly older model or color

One possible problem with these sales is that the factory does not want to anger dealers, so the prices may not be as rock bottom as possible! But they will surely be better than you can get a new one for.

Hopefully we can get a report later of that the discounts were.

Webmaster said:
BrotherBart said:

And seconds in these cases does not mean bad goods! Usually, all kinds of stuff - like:
1. Slight freight damages that have then been factory repaired.
2. Colors that were built to order and then canceled by dealer or customer
3. A few of a slightly older model or color

One possible problem with these sales is that the factory does not want to anger dealers, so the prices may not be as rock bottom as possible! But they will surely be better than you can get a new one for.

Hopefully we can get a report later of that the discounts were.

I believe Chimmney sweep is putting on the tent sale at the factory...Supposedly they are the largest hearthstone dealer...Craig is on the money with the quality of the goods. I have been to a few of them at their store...in years past.

Status
Not open for further replies.