hearthstone manchester

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rdubs20

Nov 2, 2014
Northern NY
My father in law is looking to purchase a new hearthstone manchester pellet stove. He is not to computer smart so he asked me to do some research on it before he buys it. I have search the forum but I have not found a single review. Does anyone out there have this stove or do you guys know anything about it? the good the bad ect...
thanks

My father in law is looking to purchase a new hearthstone manchester pellet stove. He is not to computer smart so he asked me to do some research on it before he buys it. I have search the forum but I have not found a single review. Does anyone out there have this stove or do you guys know anything about it? the good the bad ect...
thanks
You might learn a little about Hearthstone the company, if you ask in the wood stove forum. I think they are better known for their wood stoves.

thanks

I researched that model and based on your situation, it may not be the best model for your father-in-law. I say this because the programming of the stove is not as easy as others and if you mess up the process, it can be challenging to get back on track. I really liked the looks of the stove but after learning of the technical programming needed, I wanted something simpler.

Last edited:
Hearthstone does make a very nice woodstove (had one in my previous house). However, if your father is technologically challenged, a simpler stove would probably be better. Heck, with that 4k price tag, he could get a Harman that would be pretty much set and forget, without much routine maintenance as a bonus.

And that Hearthstone has a tiny ash drawer, even compared to my smaller Hastings - he would have to dump that a lot.

Reactions: bags
I agree with bogieb. If he wants a solid, simple to run and maintain stove the Harmans are the way to go without a doubt. Especially since you are already at the same price point. I think they are about the easiest and most dependable stoves to own from what I've experienced and read of others. If he is willing to spend $4,000 then I highly recommend a Harman for that type of cash.

BTW Welcome! Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.