Hearthstone Mansfield baffle replacement?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Striver

Mar 11, 2007
Hello,

I have a 7 year old Hearthstone Mansfield which heats a 2700 sq. ft. home in central NY. The mineral baffle has burned through and I gather from reading these forums, that replacing it is relatively easy. Mine is loose. I can reach between the burn tubes and lift it, but if a replacement is the same size, it seems that it would be too wide to slide between the tubes and back into place. Is there some trick to this. If anyone can educate me, I'd be grateful.

Thanks in advance.

Its not to difficult. You need to remove the stainless steel retainer up front (pay attention how it sits, its confusing to get back in properly) then the baffle slips right in.

Status
Not open for further replies.