Hearthstone Mansfield for parts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 3, 2008
Western Mass
I've only had this stove for a few months and have been generally happy with it. One day I was starting a fire and had it snuff out and smoke started coming out between the seams in the top stones, so I decided to tear the stove apart and completely rebuild it. What I've found has made me decide not to go any further. Apparently this stove has been abused over the years. The cast iron top that the top stones sit on is pretty badly warped/sagging. The stones must have sagged pretty badly because someone took them off and shimmed them with nickels, pennies, and small pieces of sheet metal. I could repair it or replace it, but it's just not worth it to me. I'm sure the cast iron piece is at least a few hundred dollars. Would anyone be interested in a parts stove? The only bad parts are the cast iron top and both baffle plates. The kaowool blanket is usable but flaking apart pretty badly. Everything else is perfect, including the stones. There is one stone on the left side, bottom, closest to the front, that appears to be cracked. I sealed it with Stovo when I bought the stove. I'll post a couple pics later.

Anyone interested?
By the way, this a Mansfield 8010 (manufactured 1995-1999), not the current model 8011.

Status
Not open for further replies.