Hearthstone Mansfield Installed (Burning Pics updated)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got my Hearthstone Mansfield installed and my day is complete!! Thought I would send you
good people a photo. Break in fire being performed as we speak! Life is good!

Attachments

• IMG00005-20091030-1756.jpg
    IMG00005-20091030-1756.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 1,324
Nice lookin rock ya got there.

Now, lets see some FIRE!

very nice. i like it a lot. happy break in , pete

Congratulations, it's a great stove! Now if only we can get a little bit of your cool weather here in Delaware (75 degrees today) :down:

Nina

kingfisher said:
Nice looking set up, did you make the hearth pad yourself?

No the hearth pad was pre-made bought from installer. I think its made by American Panel...Great quality though.

I will post some FIRE photos as soon as it chills down a little. It's almost 60 something here.
Maybe tonight.... :)

yanksforever said:
I just got my Hearthstone Mansfield installed and my day is complete!! Thought I would send you
good people a photo. Break in fire being performed as we speak! Life is good!

Nice stove! That should keep you mighty warm.

Let's go Phillies! :)

ah, you sure that ain't photoshopped????

HAHA, just kiddin', that mansfield looks waaaaaaaaay good sittin' there :)

uh, just to make sure, how's about a pic of your wood pile, you know, just to PROVE you're a wood burnin' fool!

So is that black piece behind the stove the heat shield? I've never seen the mansfield's shield and that one is way bigger than my heritage's.

You even got the stone kettle! Looks great.

Highbeam said:
So is that black piece behind the stove the heat shield? I've never seen the mansfield's shield and that one is way bigger than my heritage's.

You even got the stone kettle! Looks great.

Yes...that is the heat shield for the Mansfield. I think the photo makes it look bigger than it does
when your in the room.

Thanks for the kind post! We are defininitly enjoying it.

I love the look of the Mansfield and the EQ.. All that stone.. really looks nice installed that way.. Makes me want one real bad :-( Can't wait to see more pics of it in action..

Enjoy the nice even heat distribution these stoves are known for

Forgot to post pictures of the Mansfield fired up..finally got around to it for you all.

Attachments

• mansfield_3.jpg
    mansfield_3.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 743
  • mansfield_2.jpg
    mansfield_2.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 756
Hi Yanksforever,

I'm near you in southern NH - looking to buy a Mansfield in a few weeks for use during next winter (while the tax credit and winter sale lasts!). I've read a few threads concerned with maintaining burn temps that don't exceed ~ 500 deg. Are you having any problems with the stove getting too hot? Are you tapped into an exterior masonry chimney? How big is the flue? I'm installing mine into a 12 inch flue and I'm concerned about adequate draft. Thanks!

Welcome fellow stoner! Very Nice ! You will love the Mansfield. I burn 24/7 and I sure do love mine. You may notice that the colder it gets outside the better this baby works. Early on, when temps are in 60's my glass only cleans it self half a$$ but once temps go below the 60 mark the glass is crystal clean and the temps on the stove really start to climb easily. I installed a stove pipe damper that comes in handy up here in MA when it is really cold and the draft gets crazy. Have to look back at your pics to see if you have a thermometer. If not it is a great investment to have one on the stove top and a probe style in your stack. It's a great tool to quickly perfect your fire burning and stove settings. Let me know how you make out with your ash pan. I have always used a shovel because once you open the grate and swish the ashes down it is a pain to get the grate closed again with little coals and ash jammed in it. But, I recently read how someone leaves their grate open and just empties their ash each day from the pan. After all of this time I just might try this (wish they would clear this up in operating manual). Just have to be sure my ash door is closed good and proper. Enjoy! Looks Great ! Your pad looks like mine except I have a corner one. Thanks for the pics ! Keep um coming :)

Status
Not open for further replies.