Hearthstone Morgan Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Byron

Oct 17, 2007
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Is the Hearthstone Morgan a good insert? I see minimal reviews on this site and would love feeback from someone who currently owns one or has experience with this particular insert. Also, will running such an insert in the front part of my house negatively impact the performance of the Homestead I have running in a freestanding setup in the back part of my house. The Homestead does a great job heating the back three rooms in my house (including the study in which it is located, as well as a kids play room/entertainment room and master bedroom). No noticible heat from the stove gets to the front part of the house. My floor plan is far from open; in fact, you have to go through the play room/entertainment room OR master bedroom to access the study. I was thinking about sticking a small freestanding stove IN (due to mantle clearance issues) the masonry fireplace in the front part of my house; however, I'm now thinking an insert like the Morgan (with the optional mantle shield) is the way to go to maximize heat output. I would most definitely appreciate feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.