Hearthstone Phoenix - Thermometer Placement?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jmhpsu93

Nov 11, 2008
Baltimore, MD
Hey, folks. I'm fooling around with the placement of my stove thermometer on my Hearthstone Phoenix. Anyone have any ideas on the best placement? Right now, I have it magnetically attached to the little cast iron decorative piece on the side of the stove. Would it be better on the soapstones on the stove top? With my hearth configuration it's not really practical to get it attached to the flue pipe and still have it visible. Thanks!!

The owner's manual is very specific about this. You need to have it on the stove top and I believe in the center of the top stone. Measuring flue temps will not tell you when you are overfiring your stove and creating the potential for cracking stones.

So for sure put it on the stove top on a stone.

Status
Not open for further replies.