Hearthstone price increases

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fsappo

Minister of Fire
Apr 9, 2008
Central NY
If your shopping for one, try to snag something in stock. We all knew it was coming from most manufacturers, but here it is in black and white.

Nevermind, I cant cut and paste the price sheet. Anyhow with the exception of the Deva Cookstove, which actually came down in price, 90% or so of the Hearthstone line went up anywhere from 2.3%-10%

So make your calls, you may be able to save a couple hundred bucks.

For those of you looking at the Deva, that price reduction is huge. It went down about $1000 on the retail end.

When I was buying my PE they said they were expecting a price increase in the next month or so and people who were waiting to get deals were going to be sorry. Guess they weren't pulling my leg.

Gas price now over $4.00 per gallon many, many prices will be increasing. Price of gas may break the nation if it continues. What a change too from when I was a kid starting to drive. Back then we could buy 10 gallons of gas for just a little over $2.00 and now it buys less than a half gallon...

That's good news. It will make my used hearthstone worth that much more if I ever sell it to get a cat stove and be like Dennis. I hope I am grown up enough now to handle the uber complicated operation.

Last time the fuel prices spiked we had the huge recession of 2007. They blamed many things but I still have a feeling that fuel prices were the biggest problem.

Highbeam said:
Last time the fuel prices spiked we had the huge recession of 2007. They blamed many things but I still have a feeling that fuel prices were the biggest problem.

There is no better indicator of future economic growth than the price of oil. High oil price, low growth. There's plenty of oil, but per executive and Federal Reserve Bank policy, the dollar is being devalued and oil then costs more, along with everything else. By the next election in 2012, you will have lost about 30% of your wealth from 2008. Four years after that, if current administration policies continue, your overall wealth loss from 2008 to 2016 will be about 50%.

kallsop said:
Highbeam said:

There is no better indicator of future economic growth than the price of oil. High oil price, low growth. There's plenty of oil, but per executive and Federal Reserve Bank policy, the dollar is being devalued and oil then costs more, along with everything else. By the next election in 2012, you will have lost about 30% of your wealth from 2008. Four years after that, if current administration policies continue, your overall wealth loss from 2008 to 2016 will be about 50%.
Nothing from nothing=nothing.

kallsop said:
Highbeam said:

Sad part is the big oil companies ar villified yet they are net buyers of oil. It is the fed's devaluing of the dollar that is raising the price of oil here in the US. Higher price of oil means higher gas prices. Then we have an administration that wont let any more drilling be done domestically but gives corporate wealfare for foreign state owned companies to drill ???? ANWAR was purchased because of the oil reserves, but we can't touch that either. Makes no scense, unless of course you want to transfer wealth.

Thanks for the heads up Franks.

Let's keep the politics in the can or that's where this thread will head. Annual price increases are not that uncommon.

BeGreen said:

Let's keep the politics in the can or that's where this thread will head. Annual price increases are not that uncommon.
I am guessing everthing will go up so am looking at ordering my chimney NOW.

BeGreen said:

I kept it clean BG!

Annual prices increases on hearth products HAVE been uncommon over the past couple of years. Manufacturers, seeing the pressure put on the economy, have tried to hold steady. Some havent budged in 4 years. So this is kinda newsworthy.

Highbeam said:
That's good news. It will make my used hearthstone worth that much more if I ever sell it to get a cat stove and be like Dennis. I hope I am grown up enough now to handle the uber complicated operation.

Your correct, this will have some impact on the used stove market for folks savvy enough to take notice. But its also gonna make your cat stove more expensive. So you should buy your cat now and sell your used stove in the spring!

Highbeam said:

Man I wish you lived closer I have the perfect spot in the basement that I would love to see a Heritage sitting in!

Glad I picked up the Mansfield in March of 2010 - between the tax credit and a $300 rebate from Hearthstone, I think I paid just under 2K for the stove. Wish the tax credit (at the higher level) would have been extended - lots of folks could use a break on getting a wood burner and lowering their oil/lp, etc. costs. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.