Hearthstone Tribute owners please help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffman3

Nov 20, 2007
S.W. Nebraska
I need to find out how to take the baffle out of my Tribute, to sweep the chimney without moving the stove. I don't have a clean-out "T" in my chimney or connector pipe and the only way I can sweep the chimney and not dump all the crud on top of the baffle is to move the stove or take the baffle out, which if I'm right, should allow me to sweep right into the fire box. Am I understanding this right or am I mistaken? Does anyone know how to take this stove apart?

That's how I did it. I pulled the baffle right out. Went on the roof and swept until the brush ended up in the firebox. Then shopvac all of the ash/creosote/lizards out and replace the baffle. The baffle comes right out through the tubes on the heritage after simply straightening out the cotter pins.

The other way you can do it is to loosen the slip joint on your connector pipe, slip it up off the stove, place a chunk of plywood on the collar, set the telescoping piece back onto the plywood, then brush down to the plywood. When you're done brushing then slowly lift the slip joint off of the plywood and take away the plywood or suck it up with the shopvac.

I really liked the ease of brushing into the firebox.

Status
Not open for further replies.