Heartland Pellet Website?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As is often the case in this medium we take liberties with our understanding and assume things are said that are not said. Before this becomes a flame let me explain what I am saying to you and everyone else who insists that higher prices means robbery.

That you local shop can sell your pellets at $175 is irrelevant to who is or who is not a robber. If he/she can make sufficient profit at their selling price they are are indeed operating smart enough. The price that we sell at has nothing to do with whether we are smart business people on its own. However, if we think we can sell at low prices for little profit AND supply customer service then we have entered the cycle of demise. It's simple math. The price we sell at must exceed our cost plus overhead.

What I am saying is that my selling at over $300 per ton does not make me a robber, as you and others here are fond of saying. You simply are misinterpreting the reasons for the higher price. It is not greed or robbery. It is the cost of doing business.

I chose to "chuckle" rather than attack you directly. It is more civil to smile and shake my head than it is to call you a fool. I won't do that because I don't know you. All I know is that your conclusions in this matter are incorrect. It's not robbery or greed. It's business.

And I'm happy for you. I'm glad you were able to save money. I'm a consumer too and I always appreciate a good deal. Good for you!

Sean

Status
Not open for further replies.