heartland pellets not feeding

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

roundeye

Jan 16, 2011
eastern kansas
I have an englander pvc-25 and decided to try heartland pellets because of all the ash and jamming up of the ohp pellets. the heartland pellets are all the same size, about 1/4". The pellets just stop feeding from the top auger but its not jammed up. Are the pellets too small to feed properly?

Never heard of pellets being too small to feed, only too long. Are you sure there's not a jam? Have you removed both augers and made sure the transfer slot from the top auger tube to the bottom one isn't clogged?

Also, see if you can shine a light up in there and check for casting flash around the edge of the opening.

When was the last time you emptied the hopper and vacuumed it? Fines will. Cause Havoc on a stoves Auger

generally heartlands get good reviews. I seem to remember reading they use a 5/16" die and not the usual 1/4" die.

I've used them and was satisfied.

generally heartlands get good reviews. I seem to remember reading they use a 5/16" die and not the usual 1/4" die.

Lignetics use a 5/16 Die also. Only pellet I have seen that Big (in my area)

No Heartland's around me. :(

I was looking at the augers last night while it was running and noticed the top auger motor had some in and out movement and the motor wasnt even warm. The bottom motor was hot.

I was looking at the augers last night while it was running and noticed the top auger motor had some in and out movement and the motor wasnt even warm. The bottom motor was hot.
Bottom motor WILL get hot since it runs constantly. The top one runs intermittently.

Status
Not open for further replies.