Heat and Glow ST-HV-IPI Flame Control

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

DCBUS

Jan 8, 2017
Bend, Oregon
Hello,
Seems that I have always had a flame control issue with this unit and this winter is worse. On the gas valve there is lo - hi control for the flame. When I dial this knob, there seems to be no flame adjustment. Also the flame showing seems to be very low. Does this seem to sound like a bad gas valve, or something clogging the valve. Just strange I have no flame control at all.

Thanks JR

The flame adjustment needs to be set up at or shortly after the installation.
You need to use a manometer to check the gas pressure during the set-up procedure.
If that was done initially, it should have worked correctly. If it has slowly changed
over the years, you may have a spider's nest in the gas line behind the burner orifice.