1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Heat Distribution Fans

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Heat Slinger, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Heat Slinger

Heat Slinger New Member

Loc:
    NB, Canada
    Has anyone tried one of these to help distribute heat from room to room or level to level? I think it may work with the layout in my house, just curious if anyone has experience with these in-wall type fans. There's a few different types out there, Comfort Geni, Airflow Breeze, etc.

comfort.jpg

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Sniz

Sniz Member

Loc:
    Marriottsville, MD
  3. batchman

batchman Member

Loc:
    Backwoods MA
    I've been looking at this and will be trying something for floor-to-floor, but consider getting a fire stop in place as well. There are a couple of styles of them, idea being something that can melt and let a flap close in case of fire. Open venting allows fire to move even more readily than your intended heat.

I expect to be posting more of my research but that will follow once I've got a stove and pellets in hand ;).

Cheers,
    - Jeff
  4. Jags

Jags Moderate Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern IL
    Consider the electrical connection as well. Some fans have regular plugs, some are designed for hardwire. Do you have an outlet close enough to the placement of the fan? Which side of the fan does the cord come from? And is that the proper side for YOUR install. Just something to think about.
  5. Sniz

Sniz Member

Loc:
    Marriottsville, MD
    ^ mine had to be hardwired, had an oulet high on the wall from a bar light, perfect.
  6. Heat Slinger

Heat Slinger New Member

Loc:
    NB, Canada
    The ones I looked at can have the power cord attached on the front or back, depending on your situation.
  7. saladdin

saladdin Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    West Tennessee
    Have the same one. Works wonders.

But the one I can't live without is like this. I suspended it from some hooks and with my thru the wall fan on the opposite wall really speeds up the heat. I can tell without looking if the fans are on.

http://www.amazon.com/Lasko-Twin-Wi...TF8&qid=1384888938&sr=1-7&keywords=window fan