Heat Distribution Fans

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heat Slinger

Sep 5, 2013
NB, Canada
Has anyone tried one of these to help distribute heat from room to room or level to level? I think it may work with the layout in my house, just curious if anyone has experience with these in-wall type fans. There's a few different types out there, Comfort Geni, Airflow Breeze, etc.

comfort.jpg

I've been looking at this and will be trying something for floor-to-floor, but consider getting a fire stop in place as well. There are a couple of styles of them, idea being something that can melt and let a flap close in case of fire. Open venting allows fire to move even more readily than your intended heat.

I expect to be posting more of my research but that will follow once I've got a stove and pellets in hand ;).

Cheers,
- Jeff

Consider the electrical connection as well. Some fans have regular plugs, some are designed for hardwire. Do you have an outlet close enough to the placement of the fan? Which side of the fan does the cord come from? And is that the proper side for YOUR install. Just something to think about.

^ mine had to be hardwired, had an oulet high on the wall from a bar light, perfect.

The ones I looked at can have the power cord attached on the front or back, depending on your situation.

I have a through wall fan running right now, works great at pushing the hot air near the ceiling out of my area that has the stove and up the steps. Paid around $60 off amazon for it, install took me about an hour working slowly.

http://www.amazon.com/Thru-Wall-Roo...d=1384808744&sr=8-5&keywords=through+wall+fan

Have the same one. Works wonders.

But the one I can't live without is like this. I suspended it from some hooks and with my thru the wall fan on the opposite wall really speeds up the heat. I can tell without looking if the fans are on.

http://www.amazon.com/Lasko-Twin-Wi...TF8&qid=1384888938&sr=1-7&keywords=window+fan

Status
Not open for further replies.