Heat Exchanger 25 PDVC

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kenstogie

Feeling the Heat
Oct 2, 2012
Albany (ish)
Is there any way to get at the Heat Exchanger on the 25 PDVC?

If not OR if it's not feasible....

What is best way to clean the Heat exchanger? ( I always hear about taking a small section of garden hose and attaching it to your shop vac) Does whatever method do a decent job?

...... and.......

Is there an exploded view of what goes on behind that impingment plate??

Is there any way to get at the Heat Exchanger on the 25 PDVC?

If not OR if it's not feasible....

What is best way to clean the Heat exchanger? ( I always hear about taking a small section of garden hose and attaching it to your shop vac) Does whatever method do a decent job?

...... and.......

Is there an exploded view of what goes on behind that impingment plate??
Leaf blower on the outside vent pipe. My 25pdvc was used and as soon as I used the leaf blower I got a lot more heat out of the stove.

I keep hearing the LBT all the time. It's like 800 bowls of super bran fiber for your pellet stove!

Reactions: SteveB
here's a quick drawing sorry for the lack of detail was a quickie i whipped up in "paint" the black lines are the back of the stove wall and the heat box with the shelf in it, purple is the cleanout opening the red swath is the air path itself and the orange is the baffle plate as it is installed grey is the exhaust blower, and this is not exactly to scale as its just a quick example for a basic idea of what it looks like in there

Attachments

• airpath drawing.JPG
    airpath drawing.JPG
    21 KB · Views: 618
Thanks Mike! I am sure there are many PVDC owners that were curious.

WOw thanks again Mike, It's a very simple design but to me the simpler the better.

glad i had somthing to help with , over the years i have customers who e mail me questions about stuff, if i have time i would draw them these little things and e mail em to them but i save them when i do, so i just happened to have these two sketches in my puter here so was a simple mtter to post them.

cant believe i havent seen that question in here before i'd have thought i would have posted these drawings before, i know however i hadnt before cause i had to convert the file to jpeg to post it

wow i find it hard to beleive it hasn't been asked a couple hundred x's.

Reactions: SteveB
here's what is usually the heaviest areas for ash buildup in there

Hmmm ! I see that there is room for a small mod to this Mike ....... like 2 clean out plates in those area's where the ash builds up.

I can recall commenting on at least one post (combustion air diagram) that it would be helpful. But now we have it let us rejoice and clean. No more will there be 25 pdvc that are dirty and running poorly. Let us all be jolly and warm this festive season.

Reactions: h2ochild
Hmmm ! I see that there is room for a small mod to this Mike ....... like 2 clean out plates in those area's where the ash builds up.
I can easily access those two ash buildup areas with a small hose attached to my vac. (insert hose top left and bottom right)

Reactions: h2ochild
Status
Not open for further replies.