Heat exchanger tubes keep falling down.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mommyelizabeth4

Jan 8, 2015
The heat exchanger tubes in my Quadra-Fire pellet stove insert keep falling down in the middle of burning, otherwise it is great! Does anyone else have this problem and how do you keep them up? I am new to pellet stoves. This one came with the house when we bought it.
Thanks in advance!

WHAT????????? I sure hope you have carbon monoxide detectors in your house!!! Or I hope you are joking!!

How are they falling down? Don't you have a steel plate covering them? Pictures are in order.

Lastly, shut that thing down now!!!!!!!!!!

I do. I shut it down everytime and let it cool off, the I take the plate off of it and push the tubes back up onto their holes....they feel nice and snug. It could be a day or two before they fall again, or an hour. The exhaust fan is working just fine.

3d12b4e9c6fddcff73ba430c74bd98c4.jpg

We ARE talking about the 8 tubes I see in the photo that are coming through the plates and the hot air blows out of them, right?

Hooks that are supposed to hold them up gone?

When they fall down, is it from the top near the stove front or the bottom towards the back of the stove?

Hooks that are supposed to hold them up gone?

When they fall down, is it from the top near the stove front or the bottom towards the back of the stove?
Yea, LG, I was also hoping she's talking about the baffles and not the tubes but she means the tubes, evidently.

With that stove off, cold, and unplugged open the door and take some pictures of the entire insides of the fire box.

Do not run that stove again for any reason. Until you have a NFI certified service person go over it.

That is not a normal user serviceable condition.

Trying to put the stuff back in Pandora's box isn't something to be done with anyone's help online.

Looks like we're all sleeping in the basement tonight so we can keep cozy! With 4 boys a dog and 2 adults, it will be a full house! I will keep you posted!

I do. I shut it down everytime and let it cool off, the I take the plate off of it and push the tubes back up onto their holes....they feel nice and snug. It could be a day or two before they fall again, or an hour. The exhaust fan is working just fine.

How about a picture of this so we can see what is going on !

Also, the lid to the stove lifts up, there are two rods that allow you to clean the tubes when they are pulled.

Status
Not open for further replies.