Heat & Glow or Hampton

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

gtlloyd

Nov 7, 2018
New Market, MD
Hi. I'm in the market for a propane stove and doing my research. I currently have a Harman Accentra pellet stove that I've had for years. It's a good stove but I'm tired of dealing with the loading of pellets and cleaning. I'm willing to pay a little more for the convenience of gas. So there seems to be two main manufacture's of propane stoves sold in my area. I'm looking at the Heat & Glow Tiara I and the Hampton H27. Specs, features, and price all look roughly the same. Any info out there that would help me choose one over the other? Thanks.

In general, all gas stoves are engineered to pretty high standards.

Personally, I don't like fans in gas fireplaces ---tend to be noisy, expensive, hard to clean and so on.

I favor using a box fan to break up stratified layers of heat and cold.

Think about who is going to be available to repair your stove when it needs to be fixed. Do the dealers provide service? You might try calling them and asking when they can come out to repair an old stove, just to see how fast they can respond.

Who sold or repaired your pellet stove? If they did a good job, perhaps you might consider buying from them.

In short --0- the stoves tend to be the same, but the dealers are different! Find a good one.