Heat has been off for 2 days.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TimfromMA

Minister of Fire
Mar 6, 2014
Central MA
72 yesterday, 62 today. I'm just worried that we are going to pay for this warm weather later in the season.

Better than freezing your butt off now worrying about it getting even colder later.

The price is being paid by tornados etc around the country. California is getting already 200% of normal snow in some areas and Sequoia forest is at 50% so far.
Nice and warm at 29 here with storm alert for late tonight thru tomorrow with falling snow and temps to be below normal for several days. Will see. Need to fire up the genny to make sure it runs. Got enough corn toasted for burning for the week.

Last edited:
the way I look at is it is one day closer to spring! And still NO snow!!

I just wish there was more sun. Past 4 days its been nothing but rain, over cast skies, foggy nights and mornings, and only occasional vanishing shades of dappled sun light through the clouds.

I remember a winter morning last year after a snow storm, when it was a windy 20 degrees outside with no clouds in sight. The sky was a rich blue, and the sun shone so bright. Even in the snowy cold, it was gorgeous.

Last edited:
We lucked out and got to see the frosty moon this early morning. Back to clouds by 9

Heat off? Hell,I had the A/C on yesterday

The longest night of the year just past us Tuesday. As each day goes by we get more sun light and another day closer to spring.

Those of us here in the Northeast have been extremely lucky so far. Having said that, I for one, have not forgotten last winters cold and 9 feet of snow in 32 days. Winter will show up eventually and maybe even this week. I have no problem waiting......

I'd rather have near normal winter with the hope the summer will be near normal too. We have had summers that have felt like an extension of Spring turning to Fall.

Finally got the snow blower attachment on the tractor yesterday!!!
Then got it lubed and gassed up!

Status
Not open for further replies.