Heat King, Ranier...UL description. WT heck?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zionadams

Oct 1, 2008
Hurricane, UT
Okay,

So, given what you guys have told me, I'd say our Heat King stove is most likely a Baker Stove or something similar. If we ever get another wood stove I want the new Baker. Wow!

Anyway, my husband looked up the UL registration on it and it said: Heat King, Ranier (or sp?" Rainier) and listed a company called Hall's Manu in Manti, UT. Our last stove was made there as well, as far as we can tell, and it was another brand. I think they were sub-contractors for cast iron stoves, now long out of business.

I know that I've heard of Ranier Stoves before but we still can't access any mention of the Heat King Model. I'd love to get an owner's manual. The bypass damper needs some work and we'd appreciate any illustrations and clearance information. Right now, we're going off the Baker's schematics.

Any ideas where to find info on vintage stoves which don't interest the antique collector's crowd?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.