1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Heat N Glo 6000 CL Low Flames

Post in 'It's a Gas!' started by smythcounty, Dec 2, 2009.

1. smythcounty

smythcounty New Member

Loc:
    SW VA
    Hello All,

I just finished installing this particular model in LP and it looks like the flames aren't tall enough. Maybe it is just me but on the high setting I get 4-5 inch flames that are 1/3 blue and 2/3 yellow. Of course the air shutter is alway open. Any ideas or is this normal operation?

Thanks

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. jtp10181

jtp10181 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Madison, WI
    You need a manometer to check outlet pressure. One of our new showroom displays we put in had a bad gas valve out of the box and a very low flame, high flame was only about 2 inches all blue.

How long have you let it run? A smaller flame is normal at first, and it will get taller as it runs. The flame you see in showrooms and brochures is typically a NG flame, and the unit has been running for hours.
  3. jasen walsh

jasen walsh New Member

HELP I HAVE A 6000 SERIES IPI- T LOW FLAME I NEED A PIC OF THE ADJUSTMENT ON THE GAS VALVE LOOKING AT IT FROM UNDERNEATH I DONT SEE IT THERE IS A PLASTIC CAP I SEE BUT NOT SURE HOW TO REMOVE IT IF THATS IT I ATTACHED A PIC OF THE FIREPLACE AT HIGH FLAME AND A IF IT WAS WORKING FINE IS IT POSSABLE THAT I TURNED IT TO LOW FLAME 2 TIMES IN A ROW AND NOW ITS ON A LOWER SETTING PLEASE HELPS YOU AN SEE THE FLAME IS NOT ACCEPTABLE QUESTION WHY WOULD I HAVE TO ADJUST IT

Attached Files:

4. DAKSY

DAKSY Patriot Guard Rider Staff Member

Loc:
    Averill Park, NY, on Burden Lake II...
    First of all, take your caps lock off. That's considered yelling in this forum (& most others). Second, use punctuation like you learned in English class so we can understand what you want to know. Third, what model 6000 do you have? There are many & they all have differences....