1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Heat-N-Glo Model Smart Stat II Remote Control Issues

Post in 'It's a Gas!' started by Robert Mays, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Robert Mays

Robert Mays New Member

Hello All... Well is Fireplace time here again on Long Island N.Y. !!! Need some advice on my issue this year... My Remote Control Heat-N-Glo Smart-Stat II is losing is power and going blank... No it's not the Battery's, even when I change them the remote does not light up?? If I give it a tap.. it kicks on and may stay on for a while.. I pick up other times.. It's gone blank again??? Any Help would be great...

Getting cold and missing my warmth!!!

Rob :confused:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Heatsource

Heatsource Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern CA
    not a lot to service on those hand helds as far as I know.
    probably time to order another!
  3. DAKSY

DAKSY Patriot Guard Rider Staff Member

Loc:
    Averill Park, NY, on Burden Lake II...
    That's what I'm thinkin...You only hafta drop it once & it could be shot. The micro-electronics in these guys are hypersensitive...Unfortunately, many of them aren't sold separate from the receivers...
  4. Robert Mays

Robert Mays New Member

I have been in the Audio Video game since the 80's so i am very good when it comes to remote controls and RF remote systems... I have used other remotes systems 365 days a year for many years of service without issue... This Heat-N-Glo RF remote system is used about 80-90 times a year... So with that said... This remote has seen about a little over (1) year worth of use and in my mind a poor quality product from the Heat-N-Glo company... Maybe this remote system may have outsourced, but Heat-N-Glo sold it and should stand by the product... Not asking for nearly $ 300.00 for a new entire system to work my fireplace...