Heat-N-Glo Model Smart Stat II Remote Control Issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Mays

Jan 23, 2013
Hello All... Well is Fireplace time here again on Long Island N.Y. !!! Need some advice on my issue this year... My Remote Control Heat-N-Glo Smart-Stat II is losing is power and going blank... No it's not the Battery's, even when I change them the remote does not light up?? If I give it a tap.. it kicks on and may stay on for a while.. I pick up other times.. It's gone blank again??? Any Help would be great...

Getting cold and missing my warmth!!!

Rob :confused:

not a lot to service on those hand helds as far as I know.
probably time to order another!

That's what I'm thinkin...You only hafta drop it once & it could be shot. The micro-electronics in these guys are hypersensitive...Unfortunately, many of them aren't sold separate from the receivers...

I have been in the Audio Video game since the 80's so i am very good when it comes to remote controls and RF remote systems... I have used other remotes systems 365 days a year for many years of service without issue... This Heat-N-Glo RF remote system is used about 80-90 times a year... So with that said... This remote has seen about a little over (1) year worth of use and in my mind a poor quality product from the Heat-N-Glo company... Maybe this remote system may have outsourced, but Heat-N-Glo sold it and should stand by the product... Not asking for nearly $ 300.00 for a new entire system to work my fireplace...

Status
Not open for further replies.