Heat N Glo -- SL550TRS-D does not light

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello

It may be coincidental but after the LP gas tank was filled the fireplace does not light. It did work about a week before when I ran it in one morning.

There is a manual switch on the wall, when it is turned on, it does not light.
I checked the gas valves outside, they seem to be on.
See pics below

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• SL550TRS-D (1).JPG
    SL550TRS-D (1).JPG
    235 KB · Views: 179
  • SL550TRS-D (2).JPG
    SL550TRS-D (2).JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 164
  • SL550TRS-D (3).JPG
    SL550TRS-D (3).JPG
    138.8 KB · Views: 161
  • SL550TRS-D (4).JPG
    SL550TRS-D (4).JPG
    183.4 KB · Views: 152
  • SL550TRS-D (5).JPG
    SL550TRS-D (5).JPG
    163.9 KB · Views: 145
Hi, Don.
Did the tank run completely out? Close every gas shut-off & then open them S-L-O-W-L-Y starting at the tank.
Did you try bleeding the gas line? The best place to do it is to the left of the valve in pic number 2.
When you throw the wall switch is the igniter sparking at the pilot hood?
If not, is there power to the unit? That can be checked by plugging a lead light into the junction box on the right side of the valve cavity...
Let me know how any of those things work & we'll keep on keepin on...

Hi, Don.
Did the tank run completely out? Close every gas shut-off & then open them S-L-O-W-L-Y starting at the tank.
Did you try bleeding the gas line? The best place to do it is to the left of the valve in pic number 2.
When you throw the wall switch is the igniter sparking at the pilot hood?
If not, is there power to the unit? That can be checked by plugging a lead light into the junction box on the right side of the valve cavity...
Let me know how any of those things work & we'll keep on keepin on...
Thanks DAKSY
I will check those items and let you know.

Hello

Checked it again this morning and took some of the logs out, then some huge real thin pieces of ash in front of the electrodes! LOL

Vacuumed them out and it fired up fine!

Thanks for your help! That list was what I needed to engage my brain to LP gas stove thinking!

Hello

Checked it again this morning and took some of the logs out, then some huge real thin pieces of ash in front of the electrodes! LOL

Vacuumed them out and it fired up fine!

Thanks for your help! That list was what I needed to engage my brain to LP gas stove thinking!

Just a TAD different than the Pellet fueled units, huh?

that drip leg should be closer to the appliance, shouldn't it?
also, there shouldn't be any ashes in a gas unit, maybe old ember material?

Status
Not open for further replies.