heat out put on a harman accentra ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

glenc0322

Minister of Fire
Dec 30, 2011
long Island NY
I was wondering if anyone has a thermometer set up on the exhaust at the top of there stove to see the temp that the stove is putting out and what there readings are. I know there are a lot of variables out there like pellets used size of the pellet temp out side using an oak as to not using an oak but just looking for some numbers i am going to pick up on to check mine and see so i can better adjust my temp with my blower speed i know the feed rate is controlled by the stove but maybe i can turn it up to burn more i am currently burning great american pellets which i like but have not used many different pellet brands

Attachments

• harman 1.jpg
    harman 1.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 305
I often check temps but its not a science. A clean stove especially the Accentra insert (Heat Exchangers) are very dependent on the heat output. If they are sooted up then you'll lose about 10-20 degrees. To keep them clean though you'd literally have to clean them every few days. As for Great American Pellets I did burn a few bags early on in the season and by the looks of your burn pot in the picture. That's why I don't burn them anymore. Yes! I am picky

i clean the stove once a week and usually the burn pot every day when i get up before i go to work i am not sure what the ash is suppose to look like in the pot just know that i used 3 different king of pellets and these were the best of the three i only had my stove since the end of december. What type of pellets do you use and put up a picture of your stove so i can get an idea of what it is suppose to look like i was using cheat river but they had double the amount of ash and also Enviro but they were a little long and my stove was making a weird grinding noise all the time. thanks for you help

glenc0322 said:
I was wondering if anyone has a thermometer set up on the exhaust at the top of there stove to see the temp that the stove is putting out and what there readings are. I know there are a lot of variables out there like pellets used size of the pellet temp out side using an oak as to not using an oak but just looking for some numbers i am going to pick up on to check mine and see so i can better adjust my temp with my blower speed i know the feed rate is controlled by the stove but maybe i can turn it up to burn more i am currently burning great american pellets which i like but have not used many different pellet brands

I use a simple oil thermometer from my turkey frier (not frying right now) and the measuring probe is 8" behind the grate. I run it at about 150 and any pellet worth its salt gets there easily but last night callign for heat and letting her run she got up as high as 185. It depends on the pellets and the program (Feed, speed, stove temp/room temp and the ambient temps) you have it on and also the cleanliness of the stove. I didn't shut down this weekend and clean as I normally do so the stove is working a little harder. I will clean out tonight and pick up 10 to 15 more degrees.

well i went out and purchased a thermometer and had the stove on stove temp 4 with the feed rate at 3.5 and the fan on medium and out of the vent i was getting 160 degrees not sure if that is good or bad. thats around half way on the heat and the feed rate but it was 18 degrees out and the house was at 73. Just need to install my OAK to help with the drafting and i think ill be good. then new windows insulation and all the other fun stuff to stop the drafts

Status
Not open for further replies.