Heat out put on old style Mt. Vernon

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisf

Jun 25, 2009
upstate NY 12025
Well I just replaced my combustion blower after 5 years of heavy use. stove is nice a quite again. Lately it seems like I have to laeve it on quad setting to get enough heat from it. Last year on the coldest days I would only have to set it at high most of the time I could leave it on med. My convection blower does not seem like it is getting loud. but even on quad you can put your hand in front of the stove and you get warm air not the real heat it should be putting out what temp should I get coming out the end of the heat exchanger. I just think my convection blower is not putting out the cfm any more. It seemed like on quad it was like a jet engine in the room. It does not sound like that now. how can you tell if the convection blower is going bad?

most likely the blower would howl if it was going bad. Could it be the quality of the pellets? or is there lint build up in the convection blower??

maybe the pellets, they are PA pellets I have had good luck with them. I just cleaned the cleaned the convection blower nothing has changed on the stove. Just a new combustion blower. But it was like this before it was replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.