Heat Output: Real world results....Max Caddy vs Vapor Fire 100

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jason, Yukon claims that plenty of their customers install the A coil above their wood/oil furnaces all the time with no problems as long as you replace the factory plastic drip pan with a custom made metal one. I didn't wanna take a chance./to cheap to pay for custom drip pan...I made my supply plenum so that my A coil can be slid out (very carefully) during the heating season. I just hang it from the ceiling behind the furnace. Makes cleaning the coil a breeze too! ::-)

Last edited:
Go to PSG's website and download a manual for the Max Caddy. I believe it addresses this scenario. I would agree there's a loss of efficiency with an all in one unit, but on the Caddy line of furnaces, the oil burner fires into a seperate chamber and not into the firebox. Couldn't tell you how one or the other affects efficiency. Doing a parallel install of a woodfurnace gives maximum efficiency from both furnaces.

Reactions: STIHLY DAN
Status
Not open for further replies.