Heat resistant Glo-in-Dark paint

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaleZ

Oct 18, 2007
Nassau, NY
Hello all,

I have a WS Fireview that sits in the dark portion of the house. I cannot see the air adjustment markings without a flashlight. Does anyone else have this problem and come up with a solution?

The only thing I can think off is glow in the dark paint. I would only need a small amount and be brush on. Not much showing up in searches.

Any suggestions?

Dale

Dale, Todd had some pictures of what he did with the Fireview and it looked and worked great for him and others. Basically, he just took white paint and drew straight lines at the numbers. You might be able to find those pictures by doing a search or even send him a PM. Perhaps he will chime in here or someone else who has done it. I've considered it but we really have no problem with the settings as it came from the factory.

Dale, I didn't have much luck with the search so I sent Todd a PM and hopefully he can repost his picture.

My primary air control had no markings and I used regular white enamel to put a few lines on there (closed, half and open). I have the stove pretty hot and the paint has held up. I would try regular paint and see if it works.

I used a white paint marker to paint lines on my air control, it is holding up just fine.
A paint marker will be OK to about 300 °F .

Can you add some lighting to the area?

The glow in the dark paint has to soak up some light to glow. If it is dark there, it ain't ever gonna glow.

I had the same problem and used high temp white on mine. Visibility is much better. A small artist brush and steady hand is all it takes.

Attachments

• 100_0869.jpg
    100_0869.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 402
Thanks to all for the suggestions. I like what you did Todd and that looks like the trick.

Dale

You can see mine on the left. I have one at the insert too. It really makes a difference ant night, when I don't want to turn lights on.

Attachments

• Stove and Oggie 2.jpg
    Stove and Oggie 2.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 270
Status
Not open for further replies.