Heat Resource "Premium Oak Hardwood Pellets"

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RKS130

Minister of Fire
Oct 14, 2011
Lower Hudson Valley, NY
Just back from HD and discovered a new - to me - pellet in the store. Heat Resource Premium Oak Hardwood Pellets. American made by Fiber Resources, Inc. of Pine Bluff, Arkansas [http://heatresource.com]. Picked up a few at $4.18 per. Anyone know about them?

I was just coming here to post the exact same thing you did. picked up 3 bags. they are on my porch now. just waiting for the hopper to empty out to try em.

almost empty, im measuring my air out temps to compare the two. on my 25 pdvc feed rate 3 blower 9 im getting 190 f air out temps using green supremes.

will post back later once its empty, cleaned and refilled with the Heat Resources.

if they work out im going to pick up a lot more for the cold snap headed here.

Last edited:
ok they have been running now for about an hour on the same stove settings. air out temp is 200-205 so they are burning a bit hotter than my green supremes. i cant tell about ask/clinkers yet as it is too soon but the ash that is there looks lighter and fluffier than the GS.

BTW the air out temps have escalated to 210 now, but im not sure if that is in correlation to the room temp, since the room temp has raised about as much. makes sense since the air going into the convection blower is now 7 degrees hotter. livingroom just broke 80 on setting 3 but thats not uncommon for my setup, especially when its 35 out.
my stove glass has a light haze on it but still clear, which is about on par with the green supreme i've been burning for 2 years.

I've been burning them all season here in Oklahoma. This is the second season I've burnt them and I've always been happy with them. They burn pretty hot but I find them dusty when dumping them in the hopper

I was just coming here to post the exact same thing you did. picked up 3 bags. they are on my porch now. just waiting for the hopper to empty out to try em.

almost empty, im measuring my air out temps to compare the two. on my 25 pdvc feed rate 3 blower 9 im getting 190 f air out temps using green supremes.

will post back later once its empty, cleaned and refilled with the Heat Resources.

if they work out im going to pick up a lot more for the cold snap headed here.

My first bag just went in the hopper this morning, so we shall see in a few hours. I only have the back of my hand (and room temp) to judge by but I will report back later in the day.

Addendum: The Heat Resource pellets have been burning for 2 hours now and the heat if fine, going byb my back of the hand test. It remains to be seen how dirty the glass will get and how much ash is produced. So far so good.

Last edited:
I just picked up 20 bags of these from Home Depot in Matamoras Pa.
Gonna give 'em a try, although everything I've tried burns pretty well in my P43

They are now in Maine. I picked up 4 bags, and put one in the hopper. They are dusty, the bags feel flimsy, with nothing to grab onto on top. I was worried I'd break a bag. The pellets themselves look fine. Let's hope they burn well!

Status
Not open for further replies.