heat shield question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arhuranna

Jan 14, 2010
Western Kansas
Hello,

I am putting a Olympic Franklin wood burner in my garage and need help with the heat shield. I am planning on using 24 ga. galvanized metal. What can be used for a non combustable spacer? Will copper pipe or galcanized pipe work? How often should the spacers be placed. Thanks for the help.

Mitch

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/articles/stove_wall_clear

Can we assume you have checked with local authorities about installing a wood stove in a garage. Normally this is against code. But if this is a detached garage where vehicles and flammables are not stored, they may make a variance. Don't leave the franklin unattended. These stoves are not the best out there.

Home depot sells metal studs.

Thanks for the advice,

I have checked with locals and insurance and all is OK for putting in my shed. Hadn't thought about using metal studs as my spacers, will take a look at that this weekend.

Regards,

M<itch

Status
Not open for further replies.