1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Heat Storage - Water Tank - Setup for domestic HW and space heating

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by TarmMBSolo55, May 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TarmMBSolo55

TarmMBSolo55 New Member

Loc:
    Western MA
    If you had to "just buy one" what would you buy and where? I know that Tarm sells a setup that you can squeak in through a basement hatch, but I have a 80" high x 8 foot wide door I can bring one in through to my cellar. I live in Western, Mass.
    I am heating 1,900 sq ft of cellar slab, 2,300 sq ft of baseboard high ceiling house, and eventually a 900 sq ft garage slab.
    Thanks

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Nofossil

Nofossil Moderator Emeritus

Loc:
    Addison County, Vermont
    Because of the transportation costs, storage tanks are not a commodity item. If I had to start from scratch, I'd look to see what my friendly local scrapyards and farmers had. A stainless milk bulk tank is good. I'd also see if I could find a pair of 500 gallon propane tanks. While we don't have the 20 year experience with using propane tanks as pressurized storage, my gut says that's a good way to go. Bottom line is that the best deal is likely a used tank that's nearby.

One of the reasons I like the two 500 gallon propane approach is that it would allow you to achieve a greater degree of stratification. That's extremely important in my application.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.