heatfab thimble question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chthonix

Sep 17, 2008
Maine
Does anyone know the minimum distance that a heatfab insulated thimble will project into the room? I see that the insulated part of the thimble has to project 2.5" past interior wall, but I'm wondering about the cover shield, or the sheath that the connector pipe slides into...

...I'm desperately trying to get a fireview as close to back wall as possible.

Nice hearth madison. Interesting install. I don't think your approach (i.e., 6" of class a) is an option for me because I can't get rid of the framing and lath within ~5" of the thimble.

In my case I'm looking to connect single wall stovepipe into an insulated through-wall thimble installed flush to ss lined masonry chimney.

I've read that manual you linked to about 10x and see the section you've noted about the thimble projecting 2.5"--but I'm wondering about the coverpiece that appears to slide onto the thimble, and accepts the stovepipe.

My chimney person doesn't work with heatfab. No luck with a couple retailers I called. I called Texas (Selkirk, parent of Heatfab) and tried to ask an outrageously rude csr but couldn't get past her insults. I left messages with tech in western Mass where Heatfab is...fab'd--no reply. Turning to hearth.com as last resort.

Status
Not open for further replies.