Heatilator Blower Problem #1 Where is it located?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

writerskramp

Sep 28, 2008
Northern MI.
Hello Lady's and Gent's:
My son has an old heatilator fireplace in his home. Least that is what we called them back in the day. You know the type. It is not an insert. But what I call a fake fireplace. No insult intended or implied. Not brick and mortar. What is built around is 2x4's and plasterboard to look like a real fireplace.
The problem is the blower blows no air as well as makes tremendous noise. I would say it is spinning on the shaft. My son and a very handy friend tried to locate an access to the blower. Through the vents. No such luck. They could not find it.
There are two vents ether side of the fireplace above the hearth and two more above the mantle.
Must the blower be accessed from the exterior of the house by removing the vinyl siding and sheathing? Or is there a better way? Winters coming. Fuel oil is expensive.
Thank you. EJB:

Status
Not open for further replies.