Heatilator owner's speak up

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kinsmanstoves

Minister of Fire
I did it.... I broke down once again and cleaned the unit that I have been running in the store for the third time this season. There was no problem with the unit I just felt it was time. It is still cooling so I will wait till I open the store in the morning to remove the rear firebox panels to clean behind them for the first time.

I would like to hear from anyone else with the Heatilators. How do you like them and are you having any problem with them? I have had a problem with one of the units I sold (air switch fail).

Eric

Wow. What a beast. I seen it burning 3 weeks ago. And I can't remember exactly how long you said it was running then, but I remember it being a long time. Not the "prettiest" stove out there. I have seen much worse. Dollar for Dollar prob one of the better stoves out today. Especially someone on a low budget.

The Heatilator will not win any beauty contest or the most quietest stove contest but what she lacks in the "looks" department she makes up in the "best stove for the $$$" department.

Eric

We love are Heatilator PS50.You can't go wrong with the 80 lbs hopper.I like its manual controls of the feed system.How easy it is to clean.If you need fancy then go ahead and spend the extra grand.Are stove has been a delight.It's been the best investment I have made in awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.