Heatilator parts source?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluedogz

Minister of Fire
Oct 9, 2011
NE Maryland
I'm not much of a gas aficionado, so I figured I'd ask those in the know...

Colleague has a Heatilator gas fireplace, says the model is 00300NAT.
Front glass has shattered, local shops say parts are no longer available, which sounds like hokum to me.

Any help, anyone...?

I'm not much of a gas aficionado, so I figured I'd ask those in the know...

Colleague has a Heatilator gas fireplace, says the model is 00300NAT.
Front glass has shattered, local shops say parts are no longer available, which sounds like hokum to me.

Any help, anyone...?

It's probably tempered glass, & a fire glass vendor may be able to help. If he wants an exact OEM piece of glass, I'd recheck that model number, tho. I don't recognize it as a Heatilator model & I've worked on a LOT of their stuff...

It's probably tempered glass, & a fire glass vendor may be able to help. If he wants an exact OEM piece of glass, I'd recheck that model number, tho. I don't recognize it as a Heatilator model & I've worked on a LOT of their stuff...

Local stove shops aren't giving a lot of love... I googled up some mail-order PyroCeram suppliers for him. Is plain old tempered glass safe in this application? If so, how thick?

Re: the model... here's the label, am I reading it wrong?

Attachments

• gas.jpg
    gas.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:
Local stove shops aren't giving a lot of love... I googled up some mail-order PyroCeram suppliers for him. Is plain old tempered glass safe in this application? If so, how thick?

Re: the model... here's the label, am I reading it wrong?

Hard to read, but a LOT of those old Heatilator units had GC as the first two designators in the model #. Is that possibly what's there? I don't think that Pyroceram is necessary in a decorative appliance. It's probably tempered glass. You just might fall over if you see the price for Pyroceram for that baby...

Hard to read, but a LOT of those old Heatilator units had GC as the first two designators in the model #. Is that possibly what's there? I don't think that Pyroceram is necessary in a decorative appliance. It's probably tempered glass. You just might fall over if you see the price for Pyroceram for that baby...

Got a copy of a GC300 manual from Heatilator's website, and he says, "Yup, that my fireplace!"

My only question on tempered glass is safety. Pyroceram is 3/16"; are you suggesting similar thickness tempered glass is suitable?

These guys seem to cut to order...:
http://www.woodstove-fireplaceglass.com/OrderHere.html

Got a copy of a GC300 manual from Heatilator's website, and he says, "Yup, that my fireplace!"

My only question on tempered glass is safety. Pyroceram is 3/16"; are you suggesting similar thickness tempered glass is suitable?

These guys seem to cut to order...:

http://www.woodstove-fireplaceglass.com/OrderHere.html

Good call on the manual. It may describe the glass used in there somewhere...
Tempered glass is used in a LOT of gas fireplaces. I'm not saying it's safer.
If you can afford the Pyroceram at about $1.00 a SQUARE INCH, go for it.

From the way this fella described the way the glass broke, it SEEMED that it was tempered glass that had just been through one too many heat cycles.

He says it spiderwebbed without being touched, then when he tapped it it fell into a million pebbles like a car window. Sounds like tempered glass to me.

Tempered glass is pretty durable stuff, but it occasionally will let go. I've seen some BRAND NEW units have glass grenade itself. Only once or twice in 11+ years, tho...

Status
Not open for further replies.