Heatilator PS35 questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RW Roberts

Jan 16, 2015
Lima,Ohio
Recently installed a PS35 in my home. It is running as we speak and have questions concerning noises it makes. I hear a rumble that I am sure is air related. The rumble is intermittent and not just at start up. I hear the pellets as they fall down the shoot, but occasionally I hear what I would describe as a thud or maybe a crack. This takes place while feeding I think. Do I have some major problem or am I over thinking the whole deal. From what I have read here, the rumble sounds pretty common, but the other noise doesn't appear to have been addressed here or I just haven't looked hard enough.

The rumble is from too much fuel in the pot. Sometimes it just happens, esp. on start up. You may want to check your feed rate. The cracking sounds might be pellets getting broke as it is augered up the shaft. kap

The rumble is from too much fuel in the pot. Sometimes it just happens, esp. on start up. You may want to check your feed rate. The cracking sounds might be pellets getting broke as it is augered up the shaft. kap
Thanx for your reply, I will fiddle with feed rate some more. As for the thud, while I think it is associated with the pellet feed operation,I don't think it is simply some pellets breaking in two. The sound is pretty loud. Is it possible that pellets jam the auger somewhat and the sound I hear is the auger popping free? LOL I just realized that popped is the word that best describes the sound, and I couldn't think of it last night.

Sounds just like a pellet getting broke/auger popping free. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.