Heatilator ps35

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

srss

Oct 26, 2013
Alabama
My heatilator ps35 just started dropping pellets the other night and wouldn't stop. The only way to stop it is to unplug it and if you plug it back in it starts right back, the auger won't stop turning. Any ideas?

Probably the control board triac (basically the electrical switch used to turn auger on and off is shorted so it's always supplying power.)

Can be fixed if you can find a knowledgeable tech. New boards are $200.

I'm working on a Cab-50 thats dead. Control board LED is rapid flashing whitish color, no blue flash when first plugged in. Looking at a new board myself.

Check the thermocouple and #1 & 2 snap discs before assuming it is the board. Can't find the thread but remember one stove that was continuous feed and it turned out to be the snap. Try jumpering around the snaps or using a multi-meter. Always unplug the stove before working in the cabinet.

PS Also check thermostat if one is installed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.