heatilator vs. harman

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My black car is like the Italian pellet stove. Hot, fast, needs daily attention and prefers premium fuel.

I almost bought and Eco Cab50. Good units and I could have bought a new one for $1,500. After owning a new P68 I was sold on Harmans for many reasons mentioned above. That said I bought a used PC45 for $1,600 over the new Cab 50 for a second stove due to the ease of use and a stove that will continue to run well even after neglected on cleanings if that is the case. I needed the utmost dependability and a stove that pretty much takes care of itself. Harmans do that. The P series also throw tons of radiant heat much like a wood stove.

It was well worth it to me to take my chances on a used Harman over a new Cab 50 due to simplicity of operation, cleaning, and the list goes on. The Cab 50 and other Heatilators are good units and for the price point one would be my choice over any others in that price range. Without a doubt because they seem to be much more dependable also. Great basic stoves.

Reactions: Big papa and ps50
ps50,
You made a good choice for the right money. It's all about what fits ones needs. The Harmans are great units hands down. I was chomping at the bit between the Cab 50 and a new P43 for double the money and then the used PC45 popped onto my radar. Done! I will say that once you own and run a Harman it would be hard to go to another stove but money talks and makes many decisions. Enjoy that heat and don't sweat it. I would recommend a Harman to anyone though after experiencing them.

Reactions: Big papa
That is what i was looking for when i posted this thread. Information on why people like there harmans, and what gives them the reputation as being the top of the line stove. thank you for all of your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.