Heating degree days......

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

heaterman

Minister of Fire
Oct 16, 2007
Falmouth, Michigan
Very informative and well written however as fanatical as I am about building efficiency, At this point I prefer a less scientific and a more "seat of the pants" approach. A few degree days one way or another seems to be less of a factor when my house is insulated way beyond what is practical.

Now, does he write a blog on "fermented fluid"?(BEER)

Does a lot of home brew but I don't think he blogs about it. Just enjoys it....:cool:

And you are so correct! Building efficiency is the key.

This reinforces the need to have an accurate heat loss value for the building or living space. HDD gets you an annual number useful for calculating operational costs or payback, but only if you know with certainty what the heat loss is or will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.