Heating oil hits new all time record price today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tradergordo

Minister of Fire
May 31, 2006
Phoenixville, PA
gordosoft.com
I haven't tracked this much in the past since my backup heat source isn't oil, but I saw in the news today that the WHOLESALE price of heating oil just hit an all time record of $3.61/gallon today. Anyone that heats with oil is going to get killed next year if these prices hold, because this is probably a retail price around $4/gallon. A lot of people complained about prices this year, and some people even went bankrupt because of it but I think the price "only" averaged around $2.60/gallon for 2007.

last i heard here was $3.90 a gallon.that was over a week ago.

Remember not so long ago when people with electric heat were stupid? Its looking pretty attractive right now. I'm considering replacing my oil fed hot water tank wiht an electric tankless system. Few hundred bucks for the device, another few hundred to install and we're done. Until the price of electricity spikes that is.

That reminds me, I've got a huge propane generator sitting about an hour away from me, just waiting for me to go pick it up...I ought to do something about that.

Few hundred for the install? That's cheap. I priced the wire alone at almost a few hundred.

Yeah, thats what I get for running my mouth and shooting from the hip on pricing out an install that proabbyl runs 60A through the wires. I probabyl ought to talk to the electrical contractors I jsut had here at the office wiring up my net network cables, power and a power distribution node off my server room's UPS. maybe thye'll do it on the cheap.

Due for a rise? Its been rising continually for the last couple years around here.

The bulk of our

Who or what is prof? Professor someone or other?

Status
Not open for further replies.