Heating system design utilizing potable water

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ewdudley said:
The big problem would be to have a circ for the LP boiler that would push just hard enough that the all flow would come from the LP boiler and none additional sucked by the load circs through the check valve, but not push so hard as to force flow through load circs that aren't calling for heat.
Yeah, I see what you mean. By putting the LP spoiler on the other side of storage, we've created this problem.

A while back you turned me on to www.pmengineer.com which taught me about the concept of "hydraulic separation". Correct me if I am wrong, but I think that's the issue here. The storage tank hydraulically separated the LP boiler from the loads before the last change. Would another hydraulic separator correct this problem? I have no idea what the cost is on one of these, but if the cost is prohibitive, it looks like a simple one could be constructed pretty easily for this purpose.

David

Attachments

• Heating Diagram4.jpg
    Heating Diagram4.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 160
Status
Not open for further replies.