Heating with seasoned/dry wood is like..........

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockey

Minister of Fire
Dec 18, 2007
SW Ohio
growing 10 more legs and entering a butt kicking contest. I just feel like I'm cheating. Anyone else?

warm socks right out of the dryer....just makes everything better!

Having my own personal sun in my living room

a fine wine that you wish you'd discovered years ago.

And that you'll not let yourself run out of.

Living on borrowed time . . .

We bought this house (which now has a wood forced air furnace as primary heat and electric baseboard as secondary) in Feb, moving in in April. There was about a cord stacked in the basement - mostly small, 3 and 4 inch rounds with a few dozen larger splits - and it had been there for years. Bone dry is an understatement.

Our other 10 cords were cut and split in mid to late spring.

We're working through the small, dry stuff now. Every time I throw on a 6-month split, I hear the sizzle and cringe. I have 4 cords for next winter cut and split and am frantically trying to scrounge and cut the rest for the next few winters before the snow gets too deep.

You've done your jobs. I'm a believer!

A quickie that turns into forever.

action-smiley-034.gif

grinning-smiley-007.gif

Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle said:

action-smiley-034.gif

grinning-smiley-007.gif

Ive heard jumping into a barrel full of boobies and finding out theres no bottom is like that.

. . . seeing what it must be like to be in Hell without leaving Heaven.

Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle said:

action-smiley-034.gif

grinning-smiley-007.gif

Maybe my wood is not dry enough yet?!

Status
Not open for further replies.